A new setting for the Library of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mathijsen, A. H. H. M.
MetadataShow full item record
After a short overview of the development of the library since its foundation in 1821, the impact of new faculty buildings on the functioning of the library will be elucidated. The integration of twenty departmental collections in the faculty library not only enlarged the scope of the latter, but asked for new ways of interaction between the library and its customers. The strategy is to distribute the access to the information sources to the working areas: by SDI-subscriptions, by connections to the OPC and to databases on CD-ROM.Collection development in accordance with the nearby libraries of the Medical Faculty and of the Department of Biology, Chemistry and Pharmacy, will be discussed.